Oct 3, 2010

Review: Paradise Beach


Type: Building Management
Platform: PC and Mac
Price: USD 6.99 from Big Fish Games for PC and Mac

The rich Mr Gates is looking for someone to look after the management of his beach resorts.

Gameplay
In Paradise Beach, you build facilities to keep the customers happy, These facilities are your main cash earners and have to be maintained to keep earning money. The facilities can also be upgraded. There are also many other decorative items you can add to the beach. You can also hire employees to assist you in keeping the resort in tiptop shape. Increase the rating of your beach resort to unlock new items. Each stage also has certain objectives which must be met before you can progress on.


Thoughts
This game is for those who like to build and decorate. There are no designated plots of land for building. I love the freedom to be able to place things wherever I want. Unfortunately I can't rotate anything so all the items are facing the same direction. There are many types of decorative items available for me to decorate my beach resort to my heart's content, if I'm that kind of gamer. Unfortunately I'm not. But if you are, you can choose to keep playing after the objectives are made and continue to build your beach resort.

Despite not being much of a decorator, I found this game fun to play. A problem with most building games is that after I have built everything and met all the objectives except for one, it is just a matter waiting for the game to meet that one objective so I can pass the stage. It get boring while waiting for that one objective to be met. But in this game, the more I build, the more people visit and the more people visit, the more things they demand. The visitors will also ask for your help periodically in finding their lost items or saving them from drowning. Some of these requests usually have a time limit so it a good thing that the game pops up an alert.

The tutorials are pretty clear and teaches the basics of the game. It doesn't teach everything though and I have to explore some of the more advance functions myself. But no fear, Mr Gates or his granddaughter will frequently pop up to explain when I click on something for the first time. The maps are frequently bigger than what is shown on the screen so I have to keep scrolling. Despite the game saying that I have to hold my left mouse button and drag to scroll, I find that I can scroll simply by placing my mouse at the edge of the screen.

Verdict ★★★★
Store page (PC and Mac)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...