Oct 17, 2010

Review: Incredible Adventures of my Mom


Type: Hidden Object
Platform: PC
Price: USD 6.99 from Big Fish Games

Worried about her detective son, Sammy, Mrs Burley goes off to help Sammy solve a case.

Gameplay
As you travel throughout Italy, you will be given a list of items which you need to find in a particular area. Some of the items will be kept in your inventory for use at a later time. Sometimes prior interaction is needed before you can get the item, eg. opening the cupboard door, getting a ladder to climb up to the balcony. Click too many times on the wrong objects and shots will be fired as a warning. There will also be short puzzles throughout the game which you need to solve to move on. Luckily they can be skipped if you do not want to solve them.


Thoughts
This game has an amusing story about a mother who somehow manages to stay one step ahead of the police. She cleans and tidies up every mess she comes across, even the crime scene! Generally the game is not fiendishly difficult even though you might have to go to various locations to find the items on the list. There is a helpful hint button which refills fairly fast and I can skip puzzles I am not interested in solving. One main frustration for me is that sometimes the game is very strict about where I can click. Like the time I need to use the key to open the door. I can only click on a specific spot on the door and clicking on other parts of the door, would not register. But it's not always easy to tell where should I click on. If I want to tie apples to the end of a pole that was attached to a donkey, wouldn't it make more sense to click on the pole rather than the donkey?

Verdict ★★★
Store page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...