Sep 15, 2010

Review: Fill Up 2


Type: Match 3
Platform: PC
Price: USD 6.99 from Big Fish Games

I'm puzzled by Fill Up 2. Judging from the name, the first game must have been popular enough for the developers to create a sequel. Yet from what little I've played of the game, I found it quite boring.

Gameplay
The player matches up vehicles to the vehicles already in the lots. Get three of the same type and color and they will disappear. A few vehicles will wait near the lots for the player to move them. The player only need to move one vehicle and the game will automatically assign the rest. The money earned can be used to built up a town and unlock later stages.


Thoughts
As I've said earlier, I found the game quite boring. It wasn't very fun and I was just mechanically moving the vehicles to match them. The game wasn't good at automatically assigning vehicles into their lots and it often screwed up. I supposed it could be that the developers wanted to add some difficulty to the game by having some elements which the player cannot control, but it was just frustrating in the end. I keep wishing that I could disable this feature as it just wasn't doing a good job. Finally I quit the game well under the one hour limit for the free trial. I was also irritated by the annoying "boing" sound whenever I matched three or more vehicles. It was grating on the ears after a while.

Building up a town with money that the player had earned in the game was supposed to be a satisfying experience. It a reward for the effort the player had put in playing the game. But sadly it was just as boring and mechanical as the rest of the game. The game had already decided what building should be placed at which location and everything was arranged neatly in a boring grid pattern. The player has no say apart from deciding when to build them.

Verdict ★★
Store page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...