Sep 23, 2010

Review: Build It Green: Back to the Beach


Type: Building Management
Platform: PC
Price: USD 6.99 from Big Fish Games

You are asked to clean up a polluted island by building greener buildings.

Gameplay
You are presented with a map on which are some buildings and empty plots of land. Each level has a few objectives, maybe building a certain number of buildings or earning a certain amount of money. Upgrade old polluting buildings and build new greener buildings to clean up the island. Green buildings generate more income which can be used to purchase material and further upgrades. You also have to take note of the electricity capacity and try not to exceed it.

Thoughts
I like that this is an educational game and yet fun to play at the same time. The game does not bombard me with too much information and while some of the methods in the game are not easy or cheap to implement but playing it has made me think more about how I can contribute to make things a little greener. It is pretty satisfying to see the changes in the environment and buildings when I clean up an area. I also giggled at the rainbow that appears whenever I successfully complete a level.


It is nice to have an option to choose whether I want to play a timed game or a relaxed one without any time limits. The Challenges levels are also available after I complete all 6 levels of the tutorials. I would advise to not play the Challenges until you have played the game for a while because the challenges have tougher objectives.

A mini game in Built It Green: Back to the Beach

My main complaint is that each level takes a while to load. I find that I spend a bit of time waiting for levels to load. Considering that a level does not take long to complete, it is frustrating to have to keep waiting for a new level to load.

Verdict ★★★
Store page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...